Sahar focuses her practice on civil litigation, in the areas of medical malpractice, professional liability, employment law, and insurance coverage.
While in law school, Sahar was a student attorney in the Civil Litigation Clinic where she represented a client in a complex eviction case through various stages of litigation including preparing discovery responses, counseling the client in the strength of her legal claims, discussing settlement authority, and preparing for a potential trial. In this role, she also collaborated with the client’s full legal team – Sahar’s co-counsel, the immigration and family law attorneys, and the client’s social worker.
Sahar also argued on behalf of this client before the Somerville Housing Authority and the Department of Housing and Community Development for reconsideration of their denials of emergency case status.
Sahar speaks conversational Spanish and Urdu.
- Successfully negotiated a settlement in a complex eviction matter, avoiding eviction and payment of back rent, and allowing client sufficient time to locate a new residence.
- Successfully argued a Motion for Temporary Orders in Middlesex Probate Court on behalf of her client who sought full physical and legal custody of her daughter.
- Boston College Law School (J.D.), President of South Asian Law Students Association, Member of LSA Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- University of Florida Honors Program (B.A.) summa cum laude Criminology, (B.S.) cum laude Psychology
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- Mediation Certificate, Boston College Law School
- Panelist, Boston College Law School’s “Celebrating 50 Years of Clinical Education” (2018)
- Vice President, South Asian Bar Association of Greater Boston
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association