Rita focuses her practice on civil litigation, in the areas of general liability, professional liability, education law, employment law, and insurance coverage.
Rita served as a law clerk to the Honorable Gilbert V. Indeglia of the Rhode Island Supreme Court and to the Rhode Island Supreme Court Trial Court Law Clerk Department.
During law school, Rita served as a judicial extern to the Honorable O. Rogeriee Thompson of the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, and completed internships with the Rhode Island League of Charter Schools, the Rhode Island Department of Education, and the Rhode Island Medical-Legal Partnership at Hasbro Children’s Hospital. She also served as a research assistant to Professor Colleen A. Brown, a corporate counsel extern for the Northeast Maritime Institute, and a law student partner for the Roger Williams University Pro Bono Collaborative.
- Roger Williams University School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2016), Honors Program Member and Mentor, 2016 Pro Bono Collaborative Award recipient, CALI Award recipient, Articles Editor of Roger Williams University Law Review
- Rhode Island College (B.A. in English, cum laude, 2012) Dean’s List, Honors Program Member
- Rhode Island
- Professional Excellence in the Law, Rhode Island Monthly (2019)
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Member, Rhode Island Women’s Bar Association