Raphaella Poteau focuses her practice on all aspects of civil and complex commercial litigation spanning multiple jurisdictions. Her experience and practice includes insurance defense, premises liability, negligence and personal injury, products liability, business, estate and probate, domestic relations, alleged violations of professional standards (malpractice and other professional liability), contract disputes, financial services and employment law.
Raphaella’s experience ranges from the state to federal levels for Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 companies, including national retailers, financial institutions, insurance companies, insurance and real estate brokerage firms, large corporations and closely held businesses, as well as individual clients. She also has experience drafting contracts, negotiating settlements and experience as sole trial counsel.
- Defending a national retailer against a multi-million dollar negligence and products liability lawsuit against multi-state Plaintiffs.
- Administration of an estate involving millions in creditor claims and lawsuits.
- Defending a national retailer and a national bank against violations of state and federal statutes.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law (J.D., 2010) Vice-President of the Moot Court Honor Society, member of Temple’s Political & Civil Rights Law Review, member of the Rubin Public Interest Law Honor Society, member of the Temple American Inns of Court and mock trial competitor
- Georgetown University (B.A. in Psychology and English, 2007)
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
Raphaella served as law clerk to the Honorable Joseph M. Cosgrove (ret.) in the Luzerne County Court of Common Pleas in Pennsylvania.
- National Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association
- Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition