Raphaella is an experienced trial attorney representing clients in a wide range of civil litigation in Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania and the District of Columbia. She has defended hundreds of cases to successful resolution for her clients and is undefeated at trial, having obtained defense verdicts in every case she has taken to trial. Her experience and practice includes insurance defense for issues involving professional malpractice, medical malpractice, premises liability and products liability, complex commercial litigation, contract disputes, insurance coverage, and employment litigation.
Raphaella practices at the state and federal levels for Fortune 500, Fortune 100, and Fortune 50 companies, including national retailers, financial institutions, insurance companies, insurance and real estate brokerage firms, large corporations and closely held businesses, as well as individual clients. She has represented healthcare providers and healthcare institutions against medical malpractice claims, including wrongful death claims, and defended multi-million dollar lawsuits.
- Defended individual medical providers and institutions in medical malpractice and wrongful death claims.
- Defended a national retailer against a multi-million dollar negligence and products liability lawsuit against multi-state Plaintiffs.
- Defended a national retailer and a national bank against violations of state and federal statutes.
- Multiple jury verdicts defending a Fortune 50 company against premises liability claims.
- On appeal, successfully argued a reversal of the lower court’s order of summary judgment against the interests of a charter school.
- Obtained multiple summary judgments for Fortune 50 company defending against employment discrimination claims.
- Obtained multiple jury verdicts and dismissals for major retailor defending against claims of racial discrimination, assault, and libel.
- Successfully argued for summary judgment in favor of multiple corporations in contract disputes, professional malpractice claims, and employment discrimination claims.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law (J.D.) Vice-President, Moot Court Honor Society; Temple’s Political & Civil Rights Law Review; Rubin Public Interest Law Honor Society; Temple American Inns of Court; Mock Trial competitor
- Georgetown University (B.A.)
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
Raphaella served as law clerk to the Honorable Joseph M. Cosgrove (ret.) in the Luzerne County Court of Common Pleas in Pennsylvania.
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star (2020)
- National Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association
- Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition