Frank Connor is an experienced trial and appellate attorney in federal and state courts in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. His expertise includes cases involving medical professional liability defense, business disputes, insurance and reinsurance issues, as well as catastrophic personal injuries. Frank’s peers in the trial bar have recognized his skill and experience in the courtroom by inviting him to membership in the American Board of Trial Advocates. He has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America (2012–2020), Rhode Island Super Lawyers (2013–2020), and he maintains an AV Preeminent rating from the Martindale-Hubbell National Law Directory, the highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards.
Small businesses, professional groups, hospitals and insurance carriers consult Frank on legislative and risk management matters. He has lectured on trial practice and numerous other topics to local, regional and national groups of attorneys, medical professionals and administrators.
Frank also regularly serves as a mediator and arbitrator, receiving mediation certification training at both the Harvard Law School Program on Negotiation and the Center for Dispute Settlement in Washington, D.C. The Presiding Justice of the Superior Court of Rhode Island has appointed Frank to the panel of arbitrators for disposition of Superior Court civil cases. He has served four terms as co-managing partner of the firm over the past twenty years.
In the medical professional liability area, Frank has for many years defended hospitals, clinics, physicians, nurses, physician assistants, psychologists and other health care professionals. These cases have involved allegations of malpractice in virtually every medical and surgical specialty, investigations by state licensing boards and other credentialing organizations, as well as billing investigations by Medicare, Medicaid and private health insurers. He has also successfully handled many business and employment practices disputes in which health care clients have become embroiled.
Frank has represented clients in a wide variety of other disputes, including business litigation, legal professional liability and other personal injury actions. He has successfully pursued multi-jurisdiction litigation against a commercial tenant for breaching a commercial lease, resulting in a pre-trial settlement payment to his client. He also obtained a fair distribution of assets for a departing general partner in a complex multi-partnership dispute in federal court involving the Uniform Partnership Act. He also has significant experience representing excess carriers and reinsurers in arbitrations with other insurers and in connection with coverage litigation. On behalf of an insurance carrier, Frank persuaded a U.S. District Court judge to enforce an arbitration clause in an international reinsurance treaty.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 1991) Administrative Editor, Journal of Law and Policy in International Business, 1990–1991
- Georgetown University (B.A., 1986)
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, Rhode Island
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- Best Lawyers in America (2012–2020)
- Professional Excellence in the Law, Rhode Island Monthly (2019-2020)
- Rhode Island Super Lawyers Directory (2013–2020)
- Martindale-Hubbell National Law Directory AV rating, the highest rating available for legal ability and ethical standards (2005–2020)
- AVVO Superb rating and Clients Choice in 2015 for Litigation
Frank served as a law clerk for U.S. Magistrate Judge Jacob Hagopian of the U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island, in 1991–1992.
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member, Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce Small Business Council
- Board of Directors, Special Olympics Rhode Island
- Volunteer and Youth Sports Coach, Barrington, R.I. public schools
Frank once kissed Queen Noor's hand at a cocktail party. King Hussein of Jordan was right beside her, and he was cool with it.