As a family law mediator and attorney, Erica has earned a well-regarded reputation for successfully handling complicated high-asset and high-conflict divorce, custody and support cases.
When providing clients with representation as an attorney, she is a compassionate and staunch advocate who ensures that her clients are well informed of their options and the related process, and well prepared for every possible scenario they may encounter.
- Mediation – Successfully mediated divorce between Husband and Wife whereby the parties reached a favorable resolution as to custody and placement of the minor children and an equitable distribution of marital assets.
- RI Pre-Nuptial Agreement- Successfully represented Husband in drafting of a pre-nuptial agreement that protected his numerous business entities and real estate from becoming marital should there be a dissolution of the marriage.
- RI Divorce – Represented Wife in divorce proceedings, successfully had her prenuptial agreement held to be enforceable protecting her assets.
- RI Child Custody – successfully represented Mother in Rhode Island on custody proceedings after a full trial on the merits, mother was awarded primary physical and sole legal custody of the minor child and the father was awarded non-overnight parenting time with the minor child.
- RI Child Custody – Successful reunification of minor children with their father. Minor children were returned to their father’s custody and possession after a contested termination of guardian’s rights in RI Family Court.
- RI Divorce – Successfully represented Wife in complex divorce matter. Obtained final judgment in favor of client, awarding her a favorable distribution of the marital business and multiple parcels or real estate during the equitable distribution of all marital assets.
- RI Divorce/Custody – Victorious in representing Husband in RI Divorce proceedings. Obtained final judgment in favor of client receiving shared physical and legal custody of their minor children. Additionally, the Husband was awarded an equitable division of all marital assets.
- RI Custody – Obtained unobstructed time between father and minor child after years of difficulty obtaining those results.
- Roger Williams University School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Columbia University Teachers College (M.A., Art Education)
- Parsons The New School for Design (B.F.A., Photography)
- Rhode Island
Erica served as an intern for Superior Court Judge Judith Savage.
- Best Lawyers Ones to Watch in Family Law (2021)
- Rhode Island Super Lawyers Rising Star (2019-2020)
- Professional Excellence in the Law, Rhode Island Monthly (2020)
- Kathleen Birt Award for Dispute Resolution (2013)
- Secretary, Rhode Island Mediators Association
- House of Delegates Member, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Member, The Edward Gallogly Family Law Inns of Court