April Fabregat-LeBlanc practices in the litigation areas of professional liability, business, negligence and personal injury, insurance, contracts, and commercial disputes. She represents large corporations and small closely-held businesses and individuals, including national retailers, financial institutions, insurance companies, and professionals in various disciplines.
Before entering private practice, April provided start-ups with one-stop-shop legal support, including formation, corporate governance, contract drafting and negotiation (including commercial leases, contract templates, NDA’s, and vendor and services agreements), financing options, intellectual property creation, and employment law counsel. Her experience also includes securities and helping 401(k) plan sponsors comply with ERISA, fiduciary standards and applicable tax laws.
- Successfully defended and obtained summary judgement in favor of multinational Fortune 500 companies and insurance companies against various tort claims.
- Helped over 60 large and mega corporate retirement plan sponsors navigate ERISA, fiduciary standards and applicable IRS rules; successfully pass DOL and IRS audits.
- Structured and formed a $2M venture capital fund and wholly-owned subsidiary.
- Instrumental in obtaining a $1M judgment against securities fraud defendant through motion practice.
- Rutgers School of Law – Newark (J.D.) Editor of the Rutgers Business Law Review, Associate at the Business Law Clinic
- Bentley University (B.S. in Management) Member of Bentley Honor Society, VP of the Society of Advancement for Management, Mediator of the Bentley Consumer Hotline
- New Jersey
- “Small Business Fundraising Ideas: Avoiding Complex Securities Regulations,” American Bar Association, Business Law Section (January 2017)
- “Accountability in the Non-Profit Community: A Look at the Potential for 501(c)(3) Tax Evasion and Misused Donations,” American Bar Association, Business Law Section (2012)
- “Being Prepared for E-Discovery,” American Bar Association, 100 Best Legal Blawgs of 2009
- Boston Bar Association
- Member, Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Former Board Director, Social Development International – Cameroon, Africa
- Former pro bono Securities Litigation Attorney, Office of the Attorney General of New Jersey
- Former Intern, Greater Boston Legal Services