Andria Coletta has extensive civil litigation experience in federal and state courts. Her practice focuses on complex civil litigation, insurance coverage and professional liability defense. Andria also regularly counsels clients regarding litigation prevention as well as privacy law, data breach prevention and compliance issues.
Andria frequently leads seminars on current topics of insurance coverage and bad faith law and information privacy law.
For five consecutive years, Boston Magazine recognized Andria as a Massachusetts Super Lawyer Rising Star in insurance coverage law.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 1997) Phi Alpha Delta
- Union College (B.A., cum laude, 1994)
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, Rhode Island
- Resolved a number of complex, multi-party lawsuits by securing fulfillment of contractual indemnification and insurance coverage obligations, including a recent recovery of over $1 million in a complex insurance coverage action involving priority of coverage issues.
- Successfully pursued and recovered favorable defense cost and indemnity allocations in an insurance coverage dispute arising from a class action alleging electronic privacy breaches spanning half a decade.
- Successfully represented major insurers in insurance coverage disputes involving multi-million dollar exposures arising from class actions, multi-district litigation, complex civil litigation and government investigations.
Andria has achieved success for her clients at trial and arbitration. With a focus on early and efficient disposition of cases, she has also secured results for her clients through successful dispositive pre-trial motions.
- Director, Board of Directors (Boston), The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation
- Member and Author, Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Member and Frequent Lecturer, International Association of Insurance Professionals
- Member and Frequent Lecturer, Rhode Island Chapter of the International Association of Insurance Professionals
- Member, Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Member, Insurance Law and Women in the Law Committees, Defense Research Institute
- Member, Rhode Island Bar Association and Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce
One item on Andria's life's "to do" list is to visit each of the seven continents.