We help creatives, entrepreneurs, businesses, and organizations in a broad range of areas – from education, craft beverage and food, arts and entertainment, gaming, apparel and retail, to software and product innovation.
Companies and individuals look to us for legal counsel and business strategy for their intellectual property needs, including trademark, trade dress, trade secrets, patent, and copyright. We help clients identify their intellectual property rights, and take the needed steps to establish those interests, such as filing trademarks, recording copyrights and drafting contractual protections. We also diligently monitor our clients’ intellectual property interests to protect against infringement, unfair use, and other threats.
Our lawyers guide clients on forming strategic business relationships, including licensing arrangements and negotiating and drafting appropriate contracts. Should disputes arise over infringement, unfair use or other attacks on intellectual property rights, our litigators thoroughly protect our clients’ legal and business interests. Our services include:
Intellectual Property Development & Management
- Evaluation and identification of existing and potential intangible assets for registration, licensing, and acquisition
- Strategic creation and leveraging of a diverse IP portfolio
- Due diligence investigations and evaluations
- Fair use opinions
- USPTO office action responses
Intellectual Property Litigation
- Sending or responding to cease and desist letters
- Negotiating agreements and settlements
- Representation before state and federal courts in Massachusetts, the Federal Circuit, and the United States Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
Internet & Domain Name Law
- Prosecution and defense of domain name disputes under ICANN’s Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP)
- Litigation and resolution of cybersquatting and internet infringement matters under the Anti-cybersquatting Consumer Protection Act and the Lanham Act