On Thursday, October 4, 2018, Frank Connor will be co-hosing a CME program, “Managing Challenging Patient Encounters and Responding to Unanticipated Outcomes in Patient Care” hosted by the NORCAL Group.
This seminar will review the subject of challenging patients and unanticipated outcomes in patient care, with the aim to support your ability to:
- Assess your practice for key risk issues in patient care that may contribute to professional liability claims.
- Recognize how the quality of your informed consent discussions affects patient reactions to unanticipated outcomes, and your management of such outcomes.
- Approach your response to unanticipated outcomes in an organized way, using a process such as NORCAL’s Nine Steps.
- Mitigate professional liability exposure through preservation of evidence, medical record documentation, and notification of appropriate parties.
- Apply risk management recommendations in your practice that support patient safety and increase defensibility in the event of a claim.
Faculty: Terry Sislo, CPHRM, Sr. Risk Management Specialist, NORCAL and Francis A. Connor, III, Esq., Barton Gilman, LLP
Date: Thursday, October 4, 2018
Time: Check-in & Dinner: 6:00 p.m. CME Program: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (2 Hours CME)
Location: Crowne Plaza Hotel, 801 Greenwich Avenue, Warwick, RI 02886
(Seating is limited. Pre-registration is required)
CME Information and Disclosure:
NORCAL Mutual Insurance Company is a member of the NORCAL Group. The NORCAL Group of companies includes NORCAL Mutual Insurance Company, Medicus Insurance Company, FD Insurance Company, NORCAL Specialty Insurance Company and Preferred Physicians Medical RRG.
NORCAL Mutual Insurance Company is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
NORCAL Mutual Insurance Company designates this live activity for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
We hope you can make it!
NORCAL Mutual Risk Management