Community Impact + Pro Bono Services
Barton Gilman is committed to the principle that legal professionals should give back to their communities. Our attorneys have a long history of serving organizations and deepening our ties to local communities through involvement in a variety of pro bono initiatives and as volunteers to a number of community organizations.
As part of the Roger Williams Law School Pro Bono Collaborative, and in partnership with Bradley Hospital in Providence, Rhode Island, several firm attorneys – including Matthew R. Plain, Stephen Adams, Francis A. Connor III, Andria Coletta, and Angela L. Carr – provide legal services and representation to families who file guardianship petitions in Rhode Island Probate Court on behalf of children approaching the age of 18 with severe and profound disabilities.
Jenna R. Pingitore coordinates the firm’s pro bono collaboration with the Medical Legal Partnership of Rhode Island, providing legal support to healthcare consumers and communities, specifically assisting families seeking guardianship for adult children with special needs.
Our attorneys also provide pro bono legal representation to individuals before courts and administrative agencies in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
- Arts Alive! Barrington
- Bethany Home of Rhode Island
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ocean State
- Endometriosis Foundation of Rhode Island
- Habitat for Humanity of Rhode Island – Greater Providence
- Interfaith Counseling Center
- Justinian Law Society of Rhode Island
- Learning Disabilities Association of New York City
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Manton Avenue Project
- Rhode Island Bar Association’s U.S. Armed Forces Legal Services Project
- Rhode Island Center for the Book
- Rhode Island Childhood Lead Action Project
- Rhode Island Council for the Humanities
- Rhode Island Healthcare Association
- Samaritans of Rhode Island
- Special Olympics Rhode Island
- United Way of Rhode Island
- Year Up