Nonprofit organizations are a vital thread in our social fabric, and the public places a high degree of trust and expectation on them. Those higher expectations bring with them special legal and regulatory obligations, in addition to those that apply equally to for-profit and nonprofit entities.
Our lawyers assist both established nonprofit institutions and start-up social ventures in all aspects of formation, governance and financing. We provide experienced counsel that enables you to achieve your nonprofit mission.
Barton Gilman provides experience and innovative legal advice on every facet of nonprofit formation, governance and operations. We regularly assist our clients with:
- Employment law matters
- Contracts drafting, review and litigation
- Bylaw drafting and revision
- Policy drafting and revision
- Tort-based liability claims
- Board governance
- Compliance with state and federal statutes
- Trademark and other intellectual property needs