medical malpractice + aging services defense
With a long and distinguished track record of defending medical professional liability lawsuits, Barton Gilman is known as a preeminent force in this area of the law.
Throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island and other states across the country, physicians, medical practice groups, hospitals and health care centers rely on Barton Gilman to provide robust representation in the defense of complex medical liability claims. Such claims often come with significant monetary implications – especially in cases involving catastrophic injury or death.
Barton Gilman attorneys have also established a position of prominence in defending nursing homes and long-term facilities against claims of wrongful death, abuse, neglect, or mistreatment. Our attorneys are also thoroughly versed on the complex web of state and federal rules, regulations and pending legislation that impact our clients in this highly regulated industry.
In addition to our successful defense of these traditional medical and nursing home malpractice matters, our attorneys also counsel healthcare professionals in the following arenas:
- Representing individual professionals, institutions, health care facilities and administrators facing investigations by state licensing, disciplinary and regulatory authorities
- Advising physicians, dentists and hospitals regarding medical device and pharmaceutical product liability claims
Monitoring litigation through trial for excess insurance carriers
- Providing witness consulting services to prepare health care professionals for deposition and trial testimony
Advising clients on personnel and employment matters
- Providing counsel on professional contract issues involving independent contractor, non-compete and severance agreements
- Assisting clients seeking to enforce arbitration agreements in Rhode Island and Massachusetts
At the onset of each representation, we carefully analyze all aspects of our client’s case. Our evaluation allows us to fully understand the strengths and weaknesses of each claim and, in conjunction with the client, determine the best course of action. Our clients and opposing counsel know that if a case goes to trial, Barton Gilman's team of trial lawyers will present a formidable and impressive defense. By thoroughly evaluating each case at the outset, we can provide options for clients that address their risk management and business objectives.