complex personal injury
Thousands of individuals across the U.S. each year are harmed because of the negligence, carelessness or recklessness of others. Our country’s system of law is based on the principle that the injured parties in these cases should be fully and fairly compensated for their physical and emotional injuries. In cases of complex personal injury, Barton Gilman’s team of trial attorneys is dedicated to helping individuals and their families obtain just compensation for death or serious personal injury caused by others.
Some of the attorneys who make up our complex personal injury law team have more than 25 years of experience in trying personal injury cases. Our long-established reputation as skilled trial advocates has allowed us to develop wide access to the very best experts to testify on behalf of our personal injury clients. Our experience, talent and reputation enable us to go toe-to-toe with well-funded corporations. There are also times when we know that it can be in the best interests of our clients to achieve favorable settlements without going to court, and our negotiating skills have delivered such results to many clients and their families.
At Barton Gilman, our attorneys stand ready to quickly investigate all aspects of our clients’ claims. We have the skills and experience to assess the full scope of injuries involved in each case, the resources and perseverance to identify who is at fault, and the creativity to effectively and persuasively present a case to a jury. We thoroughly prepare for trial by creatively assessing what’s needed to effectively present each case, and we aggressively pursue claims against every party legally responsible.
We handle a range of catastrophic personal injuries, including:
- Brain injuries
- Physical disfigurements
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of eyesight
- Severe burns
Our complex personal injury attorneys also pursue recovery of damages on behalf of our clients who have sustained a serious injury from the negligence of others. Such damages may include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Past and future medical expenses
- Mental anguish
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Long-term care
- Rehabilitation costs
- Loss of companionship of a loved one
Barton Gilman's successes in complex personal injury cases are many. Some of our notable representations include obtaining a:
- $3.35 million settlement against a major auto manufacturer involving design defects in a motor vehicle.
- $1.6 million settlement for traumatic injuries caused by a violent motor vehicle collision with a stolen car from an auto dealership that our attorneys contended had lax security and had failed to adequately protect its vehicles from theft.
- $1.3 million settlement for a man who suffered serious head injuries when struck with a fireworks rocket at an amusement park.
- $1.25 million settlement in a wrongful death case against a municipality.
- $1.2 million settlement on behalf of a man who suffered catastrophic spinal cord injuries when he was thrown to the floor of a wheelchair van after the driver failed to securely seat him in the vehicle.
- $500,000 settlement on behalf of a college student who suffered catastrophic burns to his face, arms and hands on a college-sponsored outing.
- $500,000 settlement for a worker severely injured at a loading dock from a negligently operated forklift.